Sunday, April 4, 2010

The bunny or the Lamb

So today is Easter Sunday and unfortunately  I have the flu.  Now I am a regular church goer, saved, sanctfied, filled with the holy spirit, and not just a sunday Christian, you know the whole shabang.  So I treat this sunday like any other, I got my rediculously sick butt up, hacking lung and all and carried myself to church and to my surprise which i should be surprised tada, it's packed and I CAN'T GET IN!.  I'm a regular member. Why should i have to brace myself to get to church two hours early every year just because of this fiasco/circus show? Are you kidding me?  Why is it packed because everyone who doesnt think about church all year round decides easter sunday is that day to go.  So now there is a line that is circling the entire perimeter of the block, i was like, "y am i even surprised?" but i was too sick to stand on a line for an hour so i left.

I mean what is it with this tradition that no one seems to be able to explain.  There is no real understanding to the meaning of Ressurection Sunday.  What is the point if you leave the church the same way you came in?  Only to come back three times a year the following year.  Don't get me wrong, I'm enthused for anyone excited to hear the word but to go just for the fashion show, what is the point?  All your doing is perpetuating the cycle for your children to do the same.  Go to church and not understand what you are really supposed to be going to church for, and it not for the oversized hideous pastel hat and the suit that matches.  It's about understanding the ressurection, why Jesus died for our sins, the uncondtional love of God.  Why we take this walk and journey as christians, the wonders of the redeeming blood.  To have the perfect peace and joy in your life despite all that goes on around you.  It transforms you, allows you to forgive and forget, and love unconditionally.

So my prayer is that all those who attend church on easter sunday, christmas, and mother's day that you do get something from it.  That you don't leave the same way you entered the building.  That a seed is planted and you are truly transformed by what you've learned about the love of christ and hopefully i'll see you all the other sundays, possibly some tuesdays, and other events and we can fellowship together.  Then I wouldnt be so upset that I had to wait in line for an hour to get into church.

No comments:

Post a Comment